Guess what today is?!?! IT’S THE BLOG’S 4TH BIRTHDAY!!!
My love affair with “6 Months to Live” has been a journey of joy and of course, ups & downs. There are times I’m madly in love and there have been times I seriously thought about leaving the relationship. Ultimately, I always keep going because I believe with every fiber of my being that the message of 6 Months to Live is transforming the world.
We all have the right to be in a love affair with our lives!
4 years ago, I sat on the couch and wrote my first post launching this 6-month experiment. I had no idea what I was doing or where it would go. I barely knew how to operate WordPress. I never in my wildest dreams could have imagined what it’s become today thanks to all of your support, so thank you, thank you, thank you to each and every one of you reading & contributing!
Year 1 taught me to believe and only reaffirmed how connected we all are if we choose to be!
Excerpt: “The metaphor came to me at lunch: life is a river. We each have a boat, and I believe we have a paddle to guide us, but the river is the river. It will be slower in certain parts. There might be a waterfall we didn’t see coming. We might get caught in an eddy or get stuck on a rock for a few days, but the river continues. We can’t control the river. We can only do our part. There might be people we invite to join our boat along the way, or maybe invite to travel alongside us. The river forks in certain places. Maybe a friend takes one route, and I take another, but we’re all on the same river.”
And year 4 has been the biggest one yet! I left the corporate world to go full-time with 6 Months, which started out with a sailing adventure in Mexico! In the past year, I’ve journeyed all over the world (as you’ve probably noticed from my Instagram feed) and met so many incredible people! 6 Months is now a profitable global business that is expanding rapidly!
The best is yet to come! There are so many incredible updates coming down the pike, but here are a few to wet your appetite:
- 6 Months will be holding its first retreat next year in June! It’s too soon to tell you exactly where, but let’s just say it’s one of the most amazing places I’ve ever been, and we both know I get around! 😉
- More classes! If there’s something in particular, you’d like to learn about, feel free to let me know in the contact form below. You can also see an updated listing here.
- Travel, Travel, Travel! Yup, you guessed it. More travel! But, now there’s going to be a massive travel post expansion, so there will be many more reviews, updates, and a community around seeing the world!
- Book Release! Stay tuned for more exiting info, book release date, and book tour dates for my first book Heart Language.
- 2nd Season of 6 Months TV: It’s going to be BIG! Let’s just say there’s a reason I’ve been spending a lot of time in Los Angeles lately…so get pumped and spread the word because we’ll be going all over the world!
- Guest Speaking Engagements: That’s right! I’m hitting the road to speak in person and online for some of the most talented and incredible organizations I know! On November 18, 2013, I’ll be speaking with Martine Holston of “Love it or Leave It” about how to know when it’s time to leave your job & move onto greener pastures! It’s free and awesome, so join us!
- Newsletter: The news letter is up and running, and it’s awesome! Sign up here!
- #LivetheDream chat consistently trends on Twitter and attracts amazing, inspirational people from all over the world!
And last, but not least, I’m going to put this dream out there, and we’ll all figure it out:
6 Months to Live‘s 5-year Anniversary Party!
Location: Somewhere Awesome! (Have any ideas?)
Date: TBD but somewhere around November 11, 2014
Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH for all your support, encouragement, and contributions! As I wrote in my “Coming Out” post in April, “5 months ago, I took a huge leap towards living a life I love, and it changed everything. As I made my way sailing through Mexico and climbing through Panamanian jungles, I couldn’t help but think, “Oh wow! Life can be like this!”
It really can! ::Raising champagne glass to you:: So, here’s my wish for you, dear reader, wherever you are in the world: May you be happy. May you be well. May you this day and always be incandescently in love with your life!