Up until recently, I’ve never had a reason to write “Part 2” on any of my posts. Tonight I have the honor of being recognized and nominated again for 6 Months to Live. Thank you so much to The Phoenixplains and Love Out Loud for nominating me for both the Versatile Blogger Award and the Liebster Award. You are both incredible bloggers, and I’ve enjoyed reading your stories. I truly appreciate these awards and am humbled and grateful for your continued support.
Liebster Blog Award. The award is given to a blog with less than 200 followers that deserves a little more recognition (thanks to all of you, I have more than 200 followers now, but I still wanted to recognize and honor this award). There are a few simple rules that go along with the award:
1. Give a shout out to the blogger who nominated you by linking back to their blog. Thank you, Kate!
2. Nominate 5 other blogs with less than 200 followers.
3. Spread the good blog karma.
Lastly, don’t forget to add the Liebster blog award image to your post.
5 blogs I draw inspiration from (in no particular order):
- The Next Stop: Musings of a Third Culture Kid
- Growing in Africa
- Red Pants and a Mustache: Exploring Coffee Shops in Stockholm
- Hot Chocolate and Books: My views on anything and everything with some of my book reviews in the mix up:)
- Day by Day the Farm Girl Way: Simple Life on a Little Piece of Land
And the rules for the Versatile Blogger Award are:
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers.
- Inform the bloggers of their nomination.
- Share 7 random things about yourself.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Add the Versatile Blogger Award pic on your blog post.
7 Random Things about Me:
- My goal is to see all 50 States and all 7 continents.
- Sunrises and sunsets never get old.
- My number one dream destination is Bhutan.
- I speak Mandarin and Spanish.
- I recently renewed my passport and opted for the 52-page book–lots of the world to see!
- Magnolias are my favorite trees to climb.
- I’ve been playing the banjo for about 6 months. I have written 3 songs and am working on another four.
There are many blogs I gain inspiration from and would like to include, but here are 15 blogs (in no particular order) that I thoroughly enjoy:
- Currie Rose’s Based on a True Story Read more about Currie in my latest post: “Based on a True Story: Meet Curie Rose”
- Luca Ricci’s SenzaBigliettodiRitorno One of my best friends who is an incredible human being. His blog is in Italian, but it’s good practice for anyone wanting to learn a new language.
- Joey Avniel’s Inspiration One of my dearest friends who has inspired me to look at life differently and to see multiple perspectives.
- Ms. Elena Levon’s blog. A beautiful and inspiring woman who “chooses to collect memories instead of things.”
- Raxa Collective: a group of people who write about “‘Community, Collaboration, and Conservation’ around the world.”
- Reinventing the Horizon: Notes from the Edge. A wonderful blogger who writes with vulnerability and profundity. She’s also currently writing a memoir.
- John Stirling Photography Great photography blog about adventures and sights around the world.
- The Lookout Diary Terrific blog from a young guy who sees life differently.
- Bringing you Beirut: Adventures of an English Girl in Lebanon
- Margie’s LateBloomerBuds An inspirational photographer and journeyer through life.
- Cece’s Little Victories Another great bucket-list blog about a girl who is doing wonderful things and making a difference.
- Emily He’s Grounding my Roots: Reconnecting with the Motherland. One girl’s journey back to her roots in China.
- Erin Marie’s The World Wanderer: “Not all those that wander are lost.”
- Rob’s Stop Having a Boring Life blog. Check out Rob’s adventures and explorations around the world.
- Cycling Musings: Living, biking in California and blogging about it.
Special Bonus: The lovely Osayi Endolyn’s blog, which discusses everything from creativity to her latest profiles and thought-provoking pieces.
Thank you again and enjoy all these fantastic reads!