My Christmas Wish: Kickstarter Project Debut!
Good morning, December 1, 2011! It is officially my favorite time of the year. Rather than presents this holiday season, I ask that you support my Kickstarter project. I’m creating a 6 Months to Live web TV show. My goal in launching this web TV series is to start a movement that creates a community of people who support and inspire each other in choosing and embracing life and all it has to offer! Each episode will feature a person who is truly living. That person could be 6-years-old or 101, president or cashier at a grocery store, and come from any background. No one is excluded from life! Please visit my Kickstarter page to learn more.
Before I answer some of the questions you might have, I would like to extend a special thank you to my dear friend, Vanessa Hellmann, and her creative genius for making this pitch video possible and to Jenny for the beautiful photo she took of Matt and Melissa that is featured in the pitch video. Thank you so much to all of you, whether you be friends, family, readers, or future viewers, for your support and for sharing this with your network. It means the world to me!
Jacqueline / Jackie / 柯琳
So, you may have a few questions…
What is Kickstarter, how does it work, and why are you using it?
- Kickstarter is a phenominal website where people raise money for creative projects. You or your friends may have raised money to cure breast cancer, for yoga in Africa, or some other cause. Most likely this cause was associated with a personal website of a person raising funds. Kickstarter is the same idea, except people are raising money for a specific creative project. In this case, my creative project is the 6 Months to Live web TV show.
- Kickstarter works just like a personal fundraising page would. You visit my page, pledge an amount of money (rewards associated), and pay through Amazon payments. I have 37 days to raise the money. If I don’t reach my goal (even if I’m off a $1), I don’t get any of the money, so every little bit counts. Cards are charged when the project is funded.
- I’m using Kickstarter because it is the best website I’ve found to support raising money for a creative project. Also, the amount of money needed to buy all the essentials to launch the 6 Months to Live web TV show is more than I can afford on my own and more importantly, a show based on the community, starts with the community.
Why are you creating a 6 Months to Live web TV show and what is it about?
- Writing is my first love, but in this age of information videos can often reach more people faster. The show will be featured within the blog, and the episodes will be making their debut in the spring of 2012.
- The web TV show is about you! Yes, you. It’s about people like you who are embracing and living in a meaningful way. See above description.
Sounds cool. How can I help?
- You can contribute any amount to the 6 Months to Live web TV show fund. Click here.
- If you can’t personally donate, no problem. Any sharing you can do in your network is much appreciated! Just use this link on your Facebook, Twitter account, or blog to link people back to the project.
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES!