It’s been too long since I’ve posted about music. Those that know me well know that I love music–whether it’s listening to it, playing it, or creating it. I’ve posted about my favorite songs of childhood and through the teen years, but this list is dedicated to My Top 10 Go-To Songs for positivity, getting pumped, and happiness!
So without further adieu, here are they are (in no particular order)!
- India Arie — “Beautiful Day” Great way to start off your day!
- The Lion King — “Circle of Life” This used to be my alarm song & I definitely listened to it and sang along while sailing across the Sea of Cortez
- Smokey Robinson & The Miracles — “Mickey’s Monkey” It’s pretty much impossible to listen to this song without wanting to dance or at the very least clap!
- DB Boulevard — “Point of View” For when things aren’t going your way, and you need a change in perspective or want to dance it out!
- Naughty Boy & Emeli Sande — “Wonder” Just found out about this one from Arianna. Awesome song and reminder about who we all are and it’s great to dance to (if you hadn’t noticed, I also love dancing)!
- Dierks Bentley & The Punch Brothers — “Pride (In the Name of Love) The song that moved me from dreaming about the banjo to buying one.
- India Arie — “There’s Hope” An awesome song about hope, gratitude, and smiling! India Arie’s my absolute favorite!
- The Drifters — “Up on the Roof” A great oldie for when you need an escape after a long day.
- Florence + The Machine — “Shake it Out” When it’s time to move on from someone or something–awesome dance around your house or running song!
- Brave — “Touch the Sky” I listened to this song on repeat when I decided to go on my round-the-world adventure. I ran around Golden Gate Park, biked to the marina for my sailing lessons, and everything in-between!
What about you? What are your favorite “go-to” pick you up, happy, dance songs? Share in the comments below!